14 June 2010

car tunes

What a fun day for a joy ride!
Yay for the sun and having the top down!
A traffic jam - no problem!
Once upon a time, we would "lay out" in summer.
What did you call it?
"Work" on getting a tan.
Was it this hot 40 years ago?
...................................
Ok. One hour later. Still stuck in traffic.
"I am the Great Cornholio!
I come from Lake TitiCaca!"
"You will give me TP, bung-holio!
Are you threatening me?"
"I want a crappicino
and a hall pass!"
..........................
I was a "Beavis and Butt-head" fan back in the day.
(Hence the title - car tunes - cartoons!)

The table was blocking the door.
We don't know why.
Sat there anyways.
A Mayo Burger at Jack In The Crack
Aptly named, if only for the Crack food.
Clarice?

Back on the home front, the ice cream truck plays a little tune
as it goes down the street.

It's Monster Time.....
Ah, a cold one - I usually have them at room temp.
But no more!


...............................................
Monster w/protein
Grilled Chicken Salad from Jack In the Box
Gatorade SF
Atkins Bar
Water, water, and more water...

4,000 steps today. Two showers. Potassium.
Got my car, er, rather my truck back. I found $55 in the console!
And to think - I was losing my faith in humanity.
I hope your week is going well for you!

stuck like chuck

...fun in da sun

16 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could take Potassium as a supplement. Los Angeles traffic is just as bad, yeah for radios and books on tape!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the $55 money you left in the console? Nice surprise sound like. The mayo burger is so unappetizing. Nice little red car though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Potassium in the form of Lite Salt --
    like Morton's Salt Substitute.
    Potassium Chloride.

    The girl who ate the mayo sandwich -
    YuK! I know!

    And the cash - yes - It was an unexpected delight.
    They had to have seen it cuz they cleaned out the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the cash!
    Yay for fun in the sun!
    Yay for joy rides!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a convertible! Looks like fun! $55 found is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a real fun day....we used to "lay out" to get a tan. Love the red car and love seeing you look so happy.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someday you just have too much fun :)
    Getting your truck back? Priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Love the Beavis & Butthead. Our ice cream truck was playing Yankee Doodle today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! You got your car back. Woo-hoo!
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every summer I would "lay out" in the backyard (or by the pool when I moved out) in hopes of getting a tan...mostly I "burned" - which would then peel and then maybe leave me with a slight hint of color, only to fade in a week. But I did it every summer...

    Looks like a fun ride! Glad you got your truck back! I love these little snippets :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little red car, smooth. the mayo thing is out. as for tanning, i could never just lay in the sun. always had to be doing something and next time I go out it is gonna be with a hat. so I look all touristy. ha take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best lie to tell kids: if the ice cream van is playing a tune, it's run out of ice cream. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. just catching up.. what happened to your truck? stolen? in the shop?

    that mayo burger made me gag.. ugh.

    love the convertible. i need one of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spoiled...1: your car, 2: the nice weather. Jealous out here.smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL - bung-holio!!!!!!!!! I haven't heard a B&B reference in some time. I love how you blog in pictures. Wow,found $55 huh, that'll buy some more Monster.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, sweety, I'm so HAPPY that you got your truck back home. Yeah!!! You know you've been on my mind.

    Oh my. Corn holio. I used to have a Beavis and Butthead "statue" that sat on my TV and every time I sued the remote it would say some witty B&B comment. Loved it. For the first few times. Then it had to go. But I still say, "Are you threatening me?!" LOL

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!