14 July 2010

dam bait shop



An interesting old store by the dam 
(one of many in the Dallas- FortWorth area)

An Alligator

 A Sugar Glider

This colour-changing creature

Can you see the Tarantula?

Fish, Minnows, Koi

This classic cooler was filled with.....

 ...worms that like to be kept cool

The sign out front said "Red Bull" but it was just a lure....

All kinds of rural adventures.....

....................................................................
"Yuk" is the way I feel (yesterday) and today.
Like I ate some glass..... Or fiber glass!
I never feel this way on LoCarb, except for twice now.

Working in (or driving to) a very small town feels "creepy."
I'm ok once I get there.... but golly!
It feels like I'm baby-sitting my own ego 
to coax myself into being calm.
Why suddenly I'm nervous? (Sheesh!)
.......................................................................
Monster w/protein x2
Chicken breast - tried but couldn't finish three bites.
Cottage Cheese 1/2 cup
Atkins Bar 
Coffee w/cream (really craving coffee lately)
Snack pack of mixed nuts
2 litres of water.... 
Not "liter" - that's something else, right?
......................................................................
Wish you were here taking care of me!  *snivles*
Nurses are the worst patients.
Perhaps today will be a better day.
Try again - Sometimes that's the best we can do.

Thanks for all your nice comments yesterday!
Hope your day is going well!

16 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your not feeling well Anne, I wish I could come and help take care of you. I just read your post from yesterday, good for you on the amazing change in your measurements, yeah....do you eat before you drink your coffee, that may help you feel better...or not. hugs to you...I talked about fish today on my blog too. lol. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really ok!
    Just a little anxious about driving and working
    (and being)
    sooooo far from home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, what do they sell an alligator as bait for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man!!! I was admiring the old classic cola cooler and then scrolled down. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TechnoBabe thanks for mentioning that ...I didn't make the connection.
    It's obvious now when I reread it ...sometimes I can be really slow. However, I did notice the outdoor sign read Canadian worms so it does make sense they are used to life being on the cooler side.

    Anne sounds like you got baited & tackled yourself today...happens to the best of us. Keep the Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit, I, too, am mildly curious as to what beast one baits with an alligator. Sorry you're still feeling "punk", but hopefully you'll be back "in the pink" very, very soon. All the best to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the strangest bait shop I've ever seen. Oh and the lizard looks like a bearded dragon. We have one named Spike. Original, eh?

    I know how you feel about the small town thing. Same here. And I grew up in a small town! Yes, we had two bait shops. I think I only went in there once as a kid to get some worms. My dad hated taking me fishing because I always felt sorry for the minnows and released them into the water when he wasn't looking. :)

    Hope you get to feeling better soon. If you were closer I could bring you over some chicken noodle soup. Low carb, of course. Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved, adored & was awed by your submission to WIDTH on Jack's blog, so I had to come say hi.

    Plus a fellow low carber!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found you via Jack's blog too...great submission. That really caught my attention and your quote is really profound. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww that takes me back to my Grandma's old bait store. THe smells, the sounds, everything. Thanks for a trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm linking my anxiety to pressure and hormones. Damn things.

    Interesting shop there. In many small towns out this way there aren't even shops. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you were feeling skittish today...hopefully no one tried to "reel" you in in the bait and tackle shop.

    Alligator???

    ReplyDelete
  13. After a while, crocodile?
    Not to be confused with Crocs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do hope you are feeling better Anne, there is suppose to be a bad summer flu going around..eek
    Sending big hugs.......:-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!