06 April 2011

cross*fit

Went to a little gym right in my neighborhood.
They do alot of CrossFit Training there.

The Trainer (I call him Robert Q)
is super good, super fit, super all kinds of things.
Built like a tank and house and movie star.

I signed up for a 3 month Boot Camp
April, May, June.
And probably do July as well.
Just depends. (If I live!)

I am starting over as a new, total beginner.
When I first started LoCarb, and did the bouncer,
I had to do it sitting down!
Because, aside from my rugged good looks 
in the 200+ club, I really was not in good shape.
I could barely climb the stairs to get home.
Who knows what kind of medical condition I was in.
(Probably not too good.)

Now, I am in better shape, 
but you still can't call it "good shape."
My little work-outs are a good start.
But this is like being in Remedial Fatty (Phat) Class Boot Camp!
Just doing the assessment was more than my usual workout!
(Yes, it whipped my fatty ass!)

I also found out my scale is off by 8 pounds or so.
And I have like 39.9% body fat. Still.
I am not upset because 1) I have already lost so much 
2) I am still losing more and 3) Can you imagine what it was before?
(Do the numbers go up that high?)

I figure it like this:
I am not there to work on my strengths.
I am there to work on my weaknesses!

I will go to the class two days a week.
And gradually improve strength and function.
Then they design a plan to work on during the week.
I already have the set-up in my apartment.
So doing it won't be an issue.
(Other than actually doing it, of course!)

Robert Q eats Paleo, and we read alot of the same blogs.
So LoCarb is no problem for him.
(That's good - cuz I'd hate to have to fight him!)

He also asked if I had any body type in mind

And I chose this lady.

She is 73 and a body building champion!


I might not have abs like that - ever. 
Or guns. But at least I know now
that there is something I can do for myself
in the Fitness Department!

So time to get crack-a-lacking!
Plus it gives my mind something to do.
And my body, of course!

Hope your day is wonderful!

16 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, Anne! Seems you found a great trainer. I wish trainers in my gym even knew what Paleo is, they are all about: eat your oats and skim milk. Doesn't matter where you are now, it's about where you are going and I bet those weaknesses don't stand a chance against a bit of determination and work. Good luck! Can't wait to read about your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea, Anne but the whole Boot Camp concept scares me a little. I am VERY out of shape even though I'm in much better shape now than I used to be. Good luck with the trainer. I can't wait to hear about it when you get started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to follow you on your bootcamp journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. I want to be like Ernestine when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, please keep us posted! Sounds painful, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! Brave of you! You are an inspiration. There is no way I could do that right now (down the road of my journey yes but not now) so please keep us posted so I can boot camp vicariously through you!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay you. Can't wait to hear about your tales from the gym. Go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do the most interesting, wild things! Love it! Life is an adventure, isn't it? :)

    For what it's worth, my scale (which is a liar) says I'm 43% body fat. And I've lost over 70 pounds! I must have been mostly fat before.

    Looking forward to hearing more about this Crossfit. You're going to be one super strong lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you say you want to get crack-a-lackin', do I say break an egg?

    LOL! Hope you get fit before you get cross...am I on a roll or what???

    Have a great tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sounds like it will be wonderful, I think you will kick Roberts butt. lol. Heres to you getting fit although I had to say I thought you were. keep going girl, you can do anything. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cinner - I would have bet my life that I was fit, too.
    Guess I'm not as fit as I once thought I was!
    It's all good! It's just a learning curve!
    I am actually looking forward to it.
    Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. High Five to you Anne H-- This sounds like an awesome program and a great plan for your "big picture" plans. Woo-hoo. I'm really proud of you.

    As for Miss Ernestine- Whoa Mama! She's a true inspiration.

    You go girl. xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, somehow I missed this post. Sounds like a serious plan! wow, impressive.

    That 73 year old Ernestine is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crossfit is one serious training - sounds like you got a great plan of action in place. You are going to be so strong and don't ever doubt you can't get those abs or arms - it is possible! Believe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing plan, cant wait to follow along! and im glad you dont have to fight the trainer over low carb too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!